Since 2009, Chris has represented community associations as both board counsel and as litigation counsel. He has served and continues to serve as counsel to community associations in Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia. Chris prides himself on his ability to advise associations on complex legal issues. Chris is available to provide legal counsel to your community association.
Chris also practices in the areas of creditors’ rights, landlord/tenant, and general civil litigation. Chris has litigated contracts and tort claims in Virginia and Maryland. He has also represented community associations in bankruptcy proceedings as well.
Chris has developed procedures, guidelines, and templates to streamline workflows and ensure cases are properly handled from inception through post-judgment.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ASSOCIATIONS
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF RETAIL COLLECTION ATTORNEYS (Member 2017-Present)
- FAIRFAX BAR ASSOCIATION (General District Court Committee Member 2016-2018)
- WASHINGTON METROPOLITAN CHAPTER COMMUNITY ASSOCIATIONS INSTITUTE
- Education Committee Member (2016)
- Quorum Editorial Committee Member (2016)
- Virginia Legislative Action Committee Member (2016)
- Community Associations
- Creditors’ Rights
- General Civil Litigation
- Landlord/Tenant Litigation
- GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW, Arlington, Virginia, Jurls Doctor, May 2009
- THE COLLEGE OF WILLIAM AND MARY, Williamsburg, Virginia, Bachelor of Arts in History and Economics, May 2006
- Admitted to the Virginia State Bar, November 2009.
- Admitted to the District of Columbia Bar, November 2011.
- Admitted to the State Bar of Maryland, June 2014.
- Admitted to the Eastern District of Virginia, United States Bankruptcy Court, June 2015.
- Admitted to the Western District of Virginia, United States Bankruptcy Court, September 2016.
- Admitted to the United States District Court, District of Maryland , April 2017.