Real Estate Transactions
Compton & Duling is dedicated to assisting our clients with any and all types of real estate matters that may arise in the purchase, sale, leasing and development of commercial and residential real estate in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Although we do not perform residential real estate settlements, we routinely prepare and negotiate contracts of sale, loan documents, and represent buyers and sellers in the closing of real estate transactions. This practice area also involves the review of title examinations, the preparation and negotiation of leases for retail and office properties, cost sharing agreements, reciprocal easement agreements for mixed use commercial projects and retail shopping centers, easement agreements and declarations of restrictions for commercial projects involving multiple users.
Compton & Duling has handled a number of parcel assemblages which entails the acquisition of numerous adjacent parcels for development as a single real estate project. The practice area includes development and construction loan financing for residential, retail and office projects, the refinancing of existing projects, and the preparation of residential and commercial site plan documents and deeds of dedication as required for residential subdivision or commercial site plan approval. Compton & Duling has also negotiated and prepared numerous joint venture and joint development agreements for the acquisition and development of commercial and residential projects containing multiple parcels with multiple uses.
Additionally, on behalf of our clients we routinely prepare residential and commercial condominium documents and community association documents for residential homeowners and commercial owners associations located throughout the Commonwealth. Our attorney’s also advise many residential and commercial owners associations and condominium owners associations on general real estate matters.
Representative Projects include:
- Snowden Bridge, up to 1,618 residential units, Frederick County, Virginia
- Oak Knoll Farms luxury single family homes, Loudoun County, Virginia
- Meadows at Morris Farm, up to 660 residential units, Prince William County, Virginia
- Camp GlenKirk (Saranac) Community, up to 157 units located on Lake Manassas, Prince William County, Virginia
- Braemar Community, 3000 residential units, Bristow, Virginia6. Innovation @ Prince William – 800 acre corporate technology campus Prince William County, Virginia
- Braemar Retail/Commercial Center, Prince William County, Virginia
- Neabsco Common- Retail/Hotel/Office Residential project, Woodbridge, Virginia
- Quantico Center Corporate Center- Dumfries, Virginia
- Bristow Commons Neighborhood Retail Center, Bristow , Virginia
- Gainesville Commerce Center, office/industrial/retail condominium units, Prince William County, Virginia
- Gainesville Profession Village, 22 office condominium units, Gainesville, Virginia
- Melody Landing Condominiums, Woodbridge, Virginia
- Bells Hill Condominiums, Stafford County, Virginia
- Aquia Park Retail and Professional Condominiums, 84 units, North Stafford, Virginia
- Woodstream Community, up to 462 residential units, North Stafford, Virginia.
- South Campus - Mixed Use office/residential elderly housing at Stafford Hospital Center, Stafford County, Virginia.
- Stafford Commerce Center, office/industrial condominium units, International Parkway, Stafford County, Virginia
- Synan Road Industrial Park, Stafford County, Virginia
- Five Mile Center Office Park Condominium, Spotsylvania County, Virginia.
- Lansdowne Road Industrial Park, Spotsylvania County, Virginia.
- Kaiser Permanente Office Building at Cowan Professional Park, Mary Washington Hospital, City of Fredericksburg, Virginia
- Cowan Professional and Retail Center, City of Fredericksburg, Virginia.
- Thornsberry Industrial Park, Caroline County, Virginia.
- Julian Road Business Park Condominiums – Spotsylvania County, Virigina
- Four Mile Fork Business Park Condominiums-Spotsylvania County, Virginia.
- Spotsylvania Parkway Medical Plaza Office Buildings- Cosners Corner-Spotsylvania County, Virginia.
DISCLAIMER: THE OUTCOME OF ANY CASE WILL DEPEND UPON A VARIETY OF FACTORS UNIQUE TO EACH CASE. CASE RESULTS REPRESENTED HEREIN DO NOT GUARANTEE OR PREDICT A SIMILAR RESULT IN ANY FUTURE CASE UNDERTAKEN BY THE LAWYER.