Land use and property rights issues have become more and more complicated over time and require the assistance of professionals who are knowledgeable and experienced in the applicable codes and regulations. Our land use and zoning practice encompasses all aspects of Land Use Law and permitting processes. We are available to assist businesses, property owners associations, property owners and developers with the zoning and permitting, approval and entitlement processes.
Successful Zoning and Land Use projects have included:
• Stonebridge at Potomac Town Center, Neabsco Common, and Harbor Station mixed use developments;
• Innovation @ Prince William Planned Business District;
• Potomac Mills regional outlet mall, Wegman’s, Cheesecake Factory, Chick-fil-A, and variety of retail uses;
• Planned residential communities including Braemar, Saranac, Meadows at Morris Farm, Wellington Station, and numerous other office, and residential developments throughout Prince William County;
• Single family-detached residential developments; townhome developments; multi-family residential developments; town center/mixed use developments; and
• Light industrial developments.
Our practice areas include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Legislative approvals
- Comprehensive Plan amendments;
- Special use permits;
- Public/Partnership Agreements,
- Community Development Authority,
- Conditional use permits, and
- Variances and Code modifications.
2. Administrative approvals
- Site plans,
- Subdivision plans,
- Building permits,
- Occupancy permits,
- Bond release,
- Sign permits and
- Other local governmental permits.
3. State approvals and negotiations
- Virginia Department of Transportation,
- Department of Environmental Quality, and
- Virginia Department of Historic Resources.
4. Enforcement actions/Determination of rights
- Verification of Nonconforming Uses